The University Club of Santa Barbara has always been closely involved with the performing arts, food and wine and continuing education. The cultural activities are varied and exciting, such as an intimate wine tasting by the fireplace, a private opera performance over a gourmet dinner or our very popular “Learn over Lunch” and “Fireside Chat” series.
A walk through the Club reveals some of the buildings lovingly maintained heritage, such as the original hardwood floors, historical architectural features and an extensive collection of art and antiques. The Club is proud to have named the Areno room after Joseph Areno, a well-known California artist, whose oil paintings adorn the walls. From antique tables and tapestries to the artwork and the Steinway Grand Piano, the Club radiates a sense of tradition and gracious living.
Cultural Activities Reflect the Club’s Heritage
- “Learn over Lunch” and “Fireside Chat” series with a local speaker of interest
- Private performances of opera, dance and choral music
- Wine tasting featuring local wineries and wine experts
- Wine Makers’ Dinners and culinary events
- Bistro, Hors d’oeuvres with local artists, authors and various guests of honor